7 People arrested in Underage drinking Sting.
What the hell is going on? Do these companies know just what the punishment is for selling to a minor? For goodness sake, can someone please tell me because I have no idea!
On a serious note, what is wrong this these companies where they think this is acceptable? Obviously, from reading this story, one would be thinking, ” Oh the kids probably had fake Id’s and that is why they got the alcohol”. But nope, that’s not the case. These kids showed their real Id and still got the booze. So last night I was contemplating writing this story about a mother who purchased alcohol for her teen son for his 17th birthday! She purchase him an entire Keg and he and his friends got wasted for the party. Guess what? 3 of those children who drove home that night were killed in an accident. Whose responsible? The child knows that they are underage, the parents knew it and the restaurants know it as well, yet these kids still had full access to it.
Is 21 a responsible age for drinking in this country? Are our kids trying to tell us that they can handle the drink? They better not be, because in actuality, NO ONE can handle the drink. The beverage is designed to intoxicate you. It is designed to be a downer and to make you relax. Who out there knows a hyperactive drunk?
Read the story below about the mother who gave alcohol to the children for a party.
A western Pennsylvania woman is charged with serving a half-keg of beer to 16 minors at her son’s graduation party, before three of the teens were killed in an alcohol-related crash.
Westmoreland County District Attorney John Peck says he did not charge 59-year-old Susan Sanders-Watt, of Greensburg, with involuntary manslaughter because it couldn’t be proven that the beer the teen driver drank at the party caused the June 26 crash. That’s because Peck says 19-year-old Michael Simpson had been drinking at another location before the defendant’s party.
Simpson and two passengers, all graduates of Greensburg-Salem High School, were also killed. Simpson and one of the other passengers were legally drunk.
Sanders-Watt did not immediately return a call to her home Friday. She’s charged with corruption of minors, reckless endangerment and providing alcohol to minors.
Now doesn’t that make you feel just wonderful? Knowing that a mother had the audacity to do this to her guests. Imagine letting your child attend a party where alcohol was assumed to NOT BE PRESENT because the children and children. But low and behold, you find out that the parents did indeed provide alcohol and that your child died because of it. Now look closely at the bottom of that story and what charges do you see? Corruption of minors, reckless endangerment and providing alcohol to minors. Should the restaurants or businesses lose their license for reckless endangerment of minors?
Read the story below of the arrests made In LaKe Mary, Florida.
Several Lake Mary businesses were caught selling alcohol to minors.
Investigators said undercover teenagers showed their real ID in each case.
Investigators with the Lake Mary Police Department said the minors gave the store clerks and waiter their ID, which indicated they were under the legal drinking age of 21 years old, but the teens were sold alcohol anyway.
A police officer with an undercover camera made the arrest.
Seven people were arrested during the sting operation.
March 21, 2011 - Posted by erickaecourtney | Child Abuse Stories/Parental Neglect, Employee and Employer news, Local Florida News | 59 year ols susan sanders watt news stories killed teens, Alcohol drinking serving to minors arrests, DUI arrests Driving Mothers serving at Party birthday stories, Florida 7 people arrested serving to minors News stories, Susan Sanders Watt alcohol to minors causes deathe triple death, Susan sanders watt news pennsylvania alcohol stories, Underage drinking Parents giving alcohol deen deaths related to drinking, Watts Alcohol teenage drinking restaurants Lake Mary Florida arrested serving to minors
1 Comment »
- 30th anniversary of We Are the World
- ICYMI: The week in music
- Actors with music careers on the side
- MoMA's Bjork retrospective is a sensory experienceA new exhibition chronices Bjork's musical career using her music and other artist's visuals and sculptures. Rough cut (No reporter narration).
- New this week: Album releases for March 3Slideshow of the week's most noteworthy new albums
Top Posts & Pages
- 19 Year old Jeffrey Nally Jr Killed and mutilated 29 dogs and held woman captive. Serial Killer in the making?
- Emilia Carr Gets Sentenced to Death for Deadly Love Triangle
- James Hataway may be linked to Human remains discovery
- B.C. Jean, The Writer of "If I were a Boy" Stolen by Beyonce Knowles...Read the story.
- Family barges in on Grandson having sex only to find Grandmothers body in closet.
- Harrison Ford’s Son: Dad Is ‘Battered, But OK’ After Plane Crash“He is every bit the man you would think he is,” Ben Ford shares on Twitter
- Jennifer Lawrence and Steven Spielberg Team for War Photographer BiopicThe world's biggest actress and the world's biggest director are teaming up for a new movie. Deadline reports that Jennifer Lawrence and Steven Spielberg will collaborate on an adaptation of "It's What I Do: A Photographer's Life Of Love And War," the memoir of Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist Lynsey Addario. Lawrence will […]
- 30 Comedy Movie MistakesComedy Movie Mistakes
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Passes $500 Million at Global Box Office“Fifty Shades of Grey” has passed $500 million at the global box office, Universal Pictures announced Thursday. The erotic drama about a mysterious billionaire (Jamie Dornan) who introduces a college student (Dakota Johnson) to the world of bondage, riding crops, belts and the occasional pregnant stare, has been an even bigger success overseas than in the […]
- Batman Meets 'Fifty Shades of Grey' in This Sexy Mash-Up TrailerThe Red Room of Pain has nothing on the Bat Cave. A very clever mash-up video combines "Fifty Shades of Grey" with Christopher Nolan's Batman movies. It works perfectly: The naive Anastasia Steele meets a brooding billionaire with a dark secret and a hidden room filled with dangerous toys. And he's even played by a man named Christian (Ba […]
- Harrison Ford’s Son: Dad Is ‘Battered, But OK’ After Plane Crash
What Interests You?
- Black News
- Child Abuse Stories/Parental Neglect
- Corruption in the Church
- Crimes of Passion
- Crooked Cops
- Cruelty To Animals
- Current Events/Celebrity Gossip
- Doctor Troubles
- Domestic Violence stories
- Employee and Employer news
- Ethnic and Racial discussions
- FLORIDA NEWS CRIME STORIES
- Fraud Cases
- Healthcare News
- Holy Moly Church News
- Local Florida News
- Missing persons stories
- Money Matters
- Most Wanted Criminals
- New York Stories
- NEWS of the STRANGE
- Obey the Law
- Oscars Red Carpet BET HONORS AWARD SHOWS
- PedoPhiles and their Crimes
- Potential Serial Killers In the Making
- Relationships Marriage Partnerships
- School News
- Senseless Murders
- SEX topics
- Social Network News
- Stars in My Eyes
- Students Gone Mad
- Teachers Gone Wild
- Techhie Stuff
- World News
What Day is It?
- Memo From Moscow: With Nemtsov’s Killing, a Leadership Void Widens for Russia’s OppositionThe killing of Boris Y. Nemtsov leaves Russia’s critics at a crossroads over whether and how they take a role in the nation’s political life.
- In U.C.L.A. Debate Over Jewish Student, Echoes on Campus of Old BiasesA student board debated whether the religion of a second-year economics major meant she would be biased in dealing with sensitive governance questions, and the discussion has upended the campus.
- Bronx Woman Is Fatally Shot After Getting a Mystery CallThe police said Michelle Cox’s partner told them Ms. Cox received a call from a person named Blue and was found dead outside their apartment soon afterward.
- Prosecutor Denies Creating a ‘Media Firestorm’ Over Sheldon Silver’s ArrestIn an effort to dismiss the charges against Assemblyman Sheldon Silver, his lawyers argue that statements by Preet Bharara, the United States attorney, convicted Mr. Silver in the news media.
- Ferguson Report Puts ‘Hands Up’ to Reality TestThe report, which cleared Officer Darren Wilson while sharply criticizing Ferguson’s justice system, called into question the story behind the rallying cry “Hands up, don’t shoot.”
- When Clinton Joined Obama Administration, Friction Was Over Staff, Not EmailThe uproar over Hillary Clinton’s use of only a private email account as secretary of state calls to mind the mutual distrust that characterized the Obama administration and Mrs. Clinton’s team early on.
- Some in Ferguson Who Are Part of Problem Are Asked to Help Solve ItMany of the officials who are cited in the Justice Department’s scathing report on the city’s justice system are still in power and will be counted on to implement an overhaul.
- Review: ‘Fish in the Dark,’ Larry David’s Antic Broadway DebutIn his Broadway debut as an actor and playwright, Mr. David plays a character not unlike his TV persona who gathers with his family at his father’s deathbed.
- Iran Gains Influence in Iraq as Shiite Forces Fight ISISIran’s powerful influence in Iraq has been on display as the fight against the Islamic State militants around Tikrit has unfolded, with strong support for Shiite leaders where they were once feared.
- Harrison Ford Crashes Plane on Golf CourseThe 72-year-old actor was injured when a single-engine, World War II-era training plane he was piloting crashed in Venice, Calif., soon after takeoff.
- Memo From Moscow: With Nemtsov’s Killing, a Leadership Void Widens for Russia’s Opposition
- Social Q’s: Frank Talk on RacePlus: Dinner party etiquette for a birthday, tipping a veterinary assistant and responding to assumptions about immigrants.
- Motherlode Blog: How Not to Be ‘That’ Sports ParentIf your child can tell you’re unhappy during the game, you’re doing it wrong.
- Motherlode Blog: Live Chat About Finding That ‘Sweet Spot’ in Life and WorkJoin me and “The Sweet Spot” author Christine Carter for a live chat about finding your groove at home and work on Friday, March 6, 2015 from 1:00-2:00 Eastern.
- In Paris, Affairs à La ModeCollections like those from Olivier Rousteing at Balmain and Alessandro Dell'Acqua at Rochas proved the subject is still romance.
- LVMH Celebrates Its Designer SearchCelebrities, designers and competitors gather at a cocktail party for semifinalists in the LVMH Young Fashion Designer Prize, now seeking its second winner.
- Motherlode Blog: Teenagers, Dealing With Addiction, on What Might Have HelpedStudents in a rehab program answer the question, “Was there anything that anyone could have said to you that would have affected your drug use?”
- What to Expect on the Second Day of Paris Fashion WeekThursday is a day of contrasts. The va-va-voom glamour of Balmain and the outré boundary-busting of Rick Owens.
- Boîte: At Evening Bar in TriBeCa, a Homey FeelingThe bar, tucked off the lobby of the Smyth hotel, is a tiny but inviting place that feels like a stylish friend’s studio apartment.
- Scouting Report: Shopping Events and Sales Happening This Week in New YorkA Patrik Ervell sample sale; Maison Kitsune releases a new Effortless French spring collection, for those yearning to be in Paris for Fashion Week and more shopping news.
- Skin Deep: How to Wear Nude Lips Without Looking Washed OutJennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian have finessed the beigey lip expertly. But before you attempt at home, mind the pitfalls.
- Social Q’s: Frank Talk on Race